The founder and publisher of My SEO Software and Considerations, Samuel J. Scott, has been blogging and working in online marketing since 2005. Scott also has extensive experience in Internet-marketing topics ranging from blog construction to search-engine optimization (SEO) to keyword research to competitor analysis to online advertising to social-media marketing. He is a former Boston newspaper-editor and publisher with experience in Israel’s high-tech marketing sector who has a traditional, M.B.A. education as well. (See his biography and LinkedIn page.) Scott is available for work has a consultant.
Praise for Scott’s Marketing Work
“Samuel is a fantastic service provider. My firm engaged SJS Consulting on a copy-editing and consultative piece for a new venture we were putting together. He is extremely detail-oriented and has a vast knowledge of the finance industry, which streamlined the process fantastically. Samuel is a great guy, and my firm will definitely be using the services of SJS Consulting on a regular basis.”
– Owen Kerr, Director at Pepperstone Financial
“I was Sam’s supervisor at CrossQuiz, where he worked on several marketing projects. Sam is a smart, responsible worker with a knack for writing. His strong work ethic is complemented by a great personality that make him a pleasure to have around the office. Sam is a team player who knows when to lend a hand. Sam and I would often share the burden of work assigned by the CEO, and Sam knew how to balance the workload in order to maximize his time as well as others’. I am pleased to recommend Sam for any workplace that could use a serious, responsible, and dynamic worker.”
– Jonathan Degani, Assistant Director of Marketing
Our Boston and Israel SEO-Consultant Services
Scott provides services including:
- Long-Tail Keyword Research and Analysis. Keywords are the basic building-block of any online-marketing campaign, and Scott’s proven method provides the best keywords for any personal or corporate website — those that deliver high traffic and relevant leads while having little competition among competing websites. Once the best keywords have been identified, a search-engine optimized website can then be build or revamped around them.
- SEO Assessment. Once a website has been built, it is important to ensure that all aspects of the site — from HTML code to 301 redirects to having the right keywords in the right places — are easily “crawled” by search engines. Scott will work with your IT or marketing department to tell you or your company what needs to be changed or added to maximize the possibilities provided by SEO and SEM.
- Competitor Analysis. Your competitors have surely ventured into online marketing already. But what are they doing? Scott will use his resources to determine the activities of up to five competitors in your sector or industry — and then rank them based on their Internet-marketing effectiveness. Those who have done little with the strategy are those that will be easily surpassed in the online arena.
- Content Generation. Before Scott began studying for his M.B.A. and moving into online marketing in the Israeli high-tech industry, he was originally a Boston journalist and newspaper editor who covered issues including city politics, urban development, and local crime. Journalism was his first passion, and he started the Considerations blog in 2005 to comment regularly on the topics that interested him — like economics, international politics, and cultural trends. As a result, Scott is a first-class, professional writer who spends far too much time debating the intricacies of grammar with his friends over a pint at the pub. Still, in an online world in which “content is king,” he can research, write, and edit website copy for any topic in a way that combines interesting facts for information, exciting copy for sales, and articles using keywords in a non-spam manner. Since English is Scott’s native language, he can work with people throughout the world without any communication barriers that sometimes impede business with consultants and contractors in other countries.
- Pay-per-Click (PPC) Strategy. Platforms like Google Adwords provide a way to target the best prospects online, but it is important to execute the strategy in a manner that is as efficient as possible. Too many companies waste money by selecting keywords that are both too competitive and too expensive. Scott has determine the best long-tail keywords that provide relevant traffic — and thereby quality sales-leads — at a far-lower cost.
- Social-Media-Marketing (SMM). Scott has developed methods for individuals and companies to establish an effective presence on social-networking websites in ways that are not time-intensive and executed in a non-spam manner.
- Online-Marketing Management. Scott’s last official position in journalism was as editor-in-chief and then executive director and publisher of Spare Change News, a non-profit newspaper in Boston. He managed and directed an editorial staff of dozens of people (paid and volunteer) and then he directed the administrative and financial affairs of an entire non-profit organization while creating the first advertising-sales department for the newspaper. In his online-marketing career, Scott has managed clients’ writing and outsourced staff in countries throughout the world.
Praise for Scott’s Prior Journalism and Management Work
“I was a board member and chair for the development committee for Spare Change News. During that time, Samuel performed his job with aplomb. Specifically: 1) He was an excellent writer, editor, and reporter. For example, he was responsible for publishing a major scoop in which Spare Change proved incorrect a Boston Herald story that insinuated that a local homeless man was responsible for a murder. He even printed a special edition for the breaking story. In addition, he revamped Spare Change from a less-than-exciting black-and-white broadsheet to a professional, tabloid, color publication 2) Samuel demonstrated a thorough knowledge of non-profit management. In addition, to managing staff and day-to-day operations, he wrote a detailed business analysis for the board on why sales had been falling and proposed several solutions for the board to consider.”
– Randy Ross, former Executive Editor of PC World magazine and board member of the Homeless Empowerment Project
“When Sam first offered me an internship at SCN, he had just begun to work there himself. He found the paper in a state of serious need, and by the time I left, he had transformed it into an entirely different kind of publication. Circulation increased because the paper started to be taken seriously by a broader readership. He closely managed every aspect of the process, from combing the AP wire for stories, to investigative reporting, to careful writing, to advertising, and then all the way to layout and print. The publication had very little money and staff, so he didn’t have much to work with, and his results were truly impressive. I learned a lot about good journalism from him.”
– Becky Fortgang, former Intern at Spare Change News
The above services are just a few that Scott can offer to you or your company to maximize the opportunities provided by online marketing at a reasonable cost.
In these hard, economic times, hiring a consultant or contractor is much more cost-effective than hiring full-time employees. You do not have payroll taxes, health-care benefits, retirement funds, long-term employment contracts, workman’s compensation, potential labor lawsuits, and related problems that are all very expensive.
Consultants, unlike full-time employees, provide objective analyses and viewpoints since they are not involved in office politics and similar distractions. The only person they need to please is you. (See here and here for other benefits to hiring consultants.) For individuals who wish to brand themselves online, hiring a consultant is an easy way to market yourself or your website quickly.
For more information, visit Scott’s LinkedIn profile, or e-mail him directly at sjscworldwide (at) gmail.com for more information. Scott will provide your company or website with tremendous service and results for a reasonable price.