SEOmoz has updated its toolbar for the Firefox web-browser and will be doing the same for its Google Chrome version soon. The new research-and-analysis functions for search-engine marketing (SEM), link analysis, and website-metric overviews include:
1. Better highlighting of links and keywords
The toolbar has always highlight nofollowed links, and it now lets you see of your followed links and links to external websites quickly? Keywords are now highlighted to allow easy assess to them.
2. Individualized, customized search-profiles based a selection of a search engine, country, and geographical region
Users can now select and save up to ten individual search profiles and then compare the SERP results and additional data for each choice.
3. SERP-result pages can be easily exported into a CSV file to compare and contrast data
This feature allows for easy, high-level analysis of link and search-engine data as provided by the toolbar.
4. Identify the location of a website’s IP address
This new feature shows the country in which any website is hosted as well as its IP address. In addition, you can click on the button to determine the site’s so-called “WhoIs” information.
5. Additional improvements and new features
- An added feature in the domain-metrics part lets a user go back and forth easily to analyze the root domain and subdomain of a website
- Clicking on the number of links will take the user to the Open Site Explorer location
- A Page Analysis button takes you to the following data: Page Elements (tags and metadata), Page Attributes (load time, outbound links, HTTP-status codes, and redirects), and link data from SEOmoz’s Linkscape index
- The ease of access allows you to view a website like Google (or any of the major search engines)
How the SEOmoz Toolbar May Help You More
More information on the marketing add-on for your Internet browser is available at SEOmoz and at our SEO-software reviews page. Of course, we only provide information. We do not endorse or disparage any of the platforms that we discuss — most of our general opinions are stated in our SEM blog. We encourage readers to go there for more information and SEO-strategy tips.